HYPNOBUBS 'POSITIVE BIRTH'
The hypnobubs™ 'Positive Birth' hypnobirthing course is a comprehensive but easy-to-follow childbirth education course that equips parents with the mindset, knowledge, tools, support and preparation to achieve a very calm and positive birth.
Our hypnobirthing course is built on a solid scientific foundation and draws on extensive evidence-based research from the fields of psychology (the study of the human brain and behaviour) and physiology (the study of the physical and chemical processes of our body - i.e. how we function). During the course, you will gain an understanding of the relationship that exists between the mind and the body (the mind-body connection) and the direct (and indirect) influences that the mind and body have during your pregnancy, labour and birth.
The hypnobubs™ 'Positive Birth' program can help you to prepare for a calm and positive natural birth; whilst at the same time having the knowledge and tools to effectively deal with any special circumstances if they were to arise.
As a leading provider of hypnobirthing courses, our mission is to make quality, relevant, unbiased, independent childbirth education more accessible to more parents worldwide!
DESIGNED WITH REAL
MOTHERS AND LIFE IN MIND
This hypnobirthing course teaches you simple and highly effective techniques and equips you with the knowledge and confidence to help you feel empowered and have the tools to keep calm and positive leading up to your birth, during your birth, and into your parenting journey.
It is the most comprehensive, up-to-date, professional and best hypnobirthing course to help you prepare for the birth of your precious baby. And we know that you are going to love it!FREE COURSE PREVIEW
BASICALLY - WE PROMOTE 'POSITIVE BIRTH'
Our program is designed for both natural and caesarean birth, which is why it is revolutionising birthing!
Basically – we promote POSITIVE birth and are well prepared for whatever turns our birth may or may not take. Chances are, our birth will be natural, but all throughout the course is it emphasised that the techniques serve us well in either scenario.
Ensure that you are attending the most modern, up-to-date, evidence-based hypnobirthing course available. You deserve special care as you make this exciting and unique journey with joyous anticipation and confidence.
GIVING YOU THE ADVANTAGE...
The hypnobubs™ 'Positive Birth' program hypnobirthing course uses a combination of different techniques and philosophies that have existed for many, many years. Ancient wisdom is combined with modern theory – giving you the advantage in your acquisition of knowledge as you prepare for your birth.
A famous obstetrician from the early 1900s identified the place that fear plays in birth outcomes. Dr Grantly Dick Read wrote the famous book Childbirth Without Fear. Though, when he first presented his theories to the medical field he was laughed out of town, over time his theories became widely embraced by women throughout the world. Even the Queen provides a testimonial to him which is quoted on one of the early editions of his book.
One of the main theories underpinning the teachings in Grantly Dick Read's book is the Fear – Tension – Pain syndrome. In short, fear creates tension in the body resulting in ‘pain’ (as opposed to feeling the strong but normal sensations of childbirth). He advocates for removing the fear often associated with birth so that a woman's body can do what it is designed to do in a more comfortable way. This is a very big part of what we teach in our course.
Science can now help us to understand hormonal and physical changes that occur during pregnancy and birth. Medical science has evolved. We have changed!
The hypnobubs™ 'Positive Birth' program incorporates the teachings of many famous and respected birthing experts throughout history – giving you a complete advantage in your preparation for childbirth.
UNIT 1: CREATING AND MAINTAINING A POSITIVE MINDSET
- Introduction to the positive mindset of hypnobirthing
- How our brain is wired to birth
- The role of our caregivers
- Mind/body connection
- What is self-hypnosis and how will we use it for birthing?
- Our hormones are our friends
- My amazing uterus – understanding the physiology behind birthing
- Fear-Tension-Pain Syndrome
- Causes of Fear (including history) and how it affects our labour
- Re-programming the Subconscious
- The language for empowered birthing
- The power of affirmations
- Birthing environment
UNIT 2: OUR TOOLKIT FOR BIRTH
- Self-hypnosis tracks
- Birth music
- Conditioning with scent
- Hypnotic anchors and triggers
- Releasing endorphins through massage and touch
- Acupressure techniques for pregnancy, birth & breastfeeding
- Visualisations for pregnancy, labour & birthing
- The importance of facial relaxation
- Relaxation Breathing – a skill for life
- Surge Breathing – the best tool ever!
- Techniques to help make your surges more comfortable The ‘urge’ to push/bear down – Breathing/Bearing down
UNIT 3: PREPARATION & CHOICES FOR EMPOWERED BIRTHING
- Bonding with baby
- Choices in maternity care
- Birth Preferences – having open communication with your caregivers
- Knowledge is power – researching common interventions and procedures
- Questions to ask, to assist in making informed decisions
- Birth partner as advocate
- ‘Guess date’ – a normal range of pregnancy
- Inductions – things you’re not always told
- Achieving a natural start to labour
- Maintaining a healthy diet
- Preparing the body – staying active
- Optimising baby’s position
- Breech or Posterior – options & positions
- Instant relaxation techniques
- Self-hypnosis, meditation and deep relaxation techniques & scripts
UNIT 4: BRINGING IT ALL TOGETHER
- What to expect in the weeks and days leading up to birth
- Signs that labour is starting
- What to expect through labour (membranes releasing etc)
- When to call the midwife/go to the hospital
- Accidental home/car birth – what to do!
- Birth partner’s role
- Common procedures
- Using water during labour and birth
- Upright positioning, movement and birth positions
- Special circumstances (including caesarean birth)
- Fear release
- Cord clamping & placenta delivery
- Undisturbed bonding & breastfeeding time – skin-to-skin
- What to expect afterwards
- Self-hypnosis – Rehearsal for Birth
- A practice routine – preparation for birth!
HYPNOBIRTHING LEARNING OPTIONS
HYPNOBIRTHING ONLINE COURSE
Join our popular hypnobirthing home study course and give yourself and your baby the BEST preparation for a calm and positive birth! Our online course is easy to access & it WORKS!
HYPNOBIRTHING CLASSES & PRIVATE SESSIONS
Sometimes you need that PERSONAL TOUCH; we get that! Book your own private session, hypnobirthing group classes or live webinar session/s with a Hypnobubs™ Certified Practitioner.
HYPNOBIRTHING EDUCATOR TRAINING
Do you have that 'something special'? Hypnobubs™ is looking for some very special individuals with a passion for positive birthing to join our team as certified Hypnobirthing Educators.