WHAT IS HYPNOBIRTHING?
Quite simply... It's the natural approach to a calm and positive birth!
Hypnobirthing is as much a philosophy of birthing as it is techniques. When a mother and her birth companion are able to approach their birth without fear and with knowledge, good support, and tools for the birth – then their birthing can be a very positive and empowering experience. This is likely to reduce the need for interventions during your birthing.
What is the difference between hypnobubs™ and other hypnobirthing programs? CLICK HERE to learn more.
WHEN IS THE BEST TIME TO ATTEND
Mothers often ask us, when is the best time to attend classes? We answer – anytime is possible! The main thing is that you have the opportunity to learn these techniques before you birth.
The ideal time to commence classes is between 20-30 weeks; but if you are outside of this time, that is fine too.
Many couples who have attended class, even much later in pregnancy, have achieved excellent results.
We even have hypnobirthing online courses available so if you are further along in pregnancy - you can complete the whole program intensively if you wish. It's very flexible.
Determination is the deciding factor when it comes to hypnobirthing success. Please feel free to contact your closest practitioner to discuss more intensive training options if needed.
99% of hypnobubs™ mothers said they felt more prepared and confident about their birth after attending a hypnobubs™ course
* Actual survey results based on 100 course attendees (Survey conducted 2017/18 via SurveyMonkey).
THE HYPNOBUBS™ ADVANTAGE!
Our course is comprehensive and at the same time very easy to follow. It prepares mothers and birth partners for a positive and empowered birth experience using a tried and tested five-tiered approach:
Understanding how to create and maintain a positive mindset through pregnancy and birth.
About the functions of the body, the birth process and choices available during childbirth; because ‘knowledge is power’.
To help you to remain calm throughout your pregnancy and during the intensity of childbirth (tools include breathing, visualisation, relaxation and self-hypnosis).
For you and tuition for your birth partner/s – so that they can take an active role and help you to achieve a more comfortable and satisfying birth experience.
For your mind and body, incorporating expert tuition, professionally produced practice albums and comprehensive resources.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- You will gain an understanding of the psychology and physiology of birth - the interrelationship between the mind and body and how your body reacts to your thoughts. Hypnobubs™ understands the importance of mind-body connection and teaches self-hypnosis for childbirth (hypnobirthing) to help parents utilise these proven techniques effectively. When you attain the skills to direct your mind to stay calm, positive and relaxed and have faith in your body’s ability to birth – birth becomes a whole lot easier.
- Techniques that you learn through the course will help you achieve a deep state of relaxation, enabling your body to open up without resistance. In this calm state, your body’s natural relaxant, endorphins, will replace the stress hormones (which can cause your uterus to constrict and create tension and pain). You will also have tools to bring yourself back into a calm state, if your birthing takes a different turn to expected or if you have difficulties with the intensity experienced. These self-hypnosis techniques are equally effective for cesarean birth, helping you to remain calm and relaxed which in-turn, will help your baby to stay calm and relaxed throughout the medical procedure. The benefits of hypnotherapy assist both mother and baby!
- Your birth partner will learn ways to help you throughout pregnancy and birth. This is very useful for the mother and very empowering for the birth partner. Many hypnobirthing mothers comment after birth that they and their birth partner ‘did it together’. Of course, the mother did most of the physical and inward work during the birth; but the advantages of having the support of a good birth partner cannot be underestimated.
- When you have your baby with hypnobirthing, you will not be in a trance or asleep. You will actually be in a heightened state of awareness – awake, but deeply relaxed. You may look like you are asleep at times; however, you will be aware of what is going on around you when you need to be. You will be calmly in tune with your body and your baby and this will assist the birth to progress. When it feels right, you will move around and may even speak and vocalise. You will help direct the course of your own birth.
HYPNOBIRTHING ONLINE COURSE
Join our popular hypnobirthing home study course and give yourself and your baby the BEST preparation for a calm and positive birth! Our online course is easy to access & it WORKS!
HYPNOBIRTHING CLASSES & PRIVATE SESSIONS
Sometimes you need that PERSONAL TOUCH; we get that! Book your own private session, hypnobirthing group classes or live webinar session/s with a Hypnobubs™ Certified Practitioner.
HYPNOBIRTHING EDUCATOR TRAINING
Do you have that 'something special'? Hypnobubs™ is looking for some very special individuals with a passion for positive birthing to join our team as certified Hypnobirthing Educators.